VINES PARK (DROITWICH) BOWLING CLUB LTD
(Founded 1925) - Tel: 01905 778023
Green: The Saltway, Droitwich, Worcs, WR9 8LB
Location of Bowls Club: Find Me
Website: Website
   
When a photograph of the Club becomes available it will be inserted here
   
Approved Coloured Shirt: White Polo Shirt, Blue Collar, Green/Gold trim to sleeves
Club smoking policy: No smoking on the green
Email Contact: poyner8hs@btinternet.com
President: Vic Duggan Tel: 01905 779638
Captain: Trevor Bourne Tel: 01905 798450
Mens Singles Champion: Vic Duggan Tel: 01905 779638
Ladies Singles Champion: N/A    
Club Secretary: Steve Poyner
15 St Nicholas Street
Droitwich
Worcs
WR9 8HS
Tel: 07817 413451
Email:

poyner8hs@btinternet.com

Fixture Secretary: Terry Morris
62 York Avenue
Droitwich
Worcs  WR9 9LD
Tel: 01905 770497
Email: hillcrest1949@tiscali.co.uk
       
Exec.Council Members Trevor Bourne Tel: 01905 798450
  Brian de Ste Croix b.saint@saintenquirybureau.co.uk
       
The Clubs History:      
       

The Club was formed in 1923, the bowling green then was situated in Rickets Lane, adjacent to the to the Working Men’s Club, the Club being a section of the main Club.

Previous to the 1939-45 War, the then Club President Alderman C.H. Everton (father of H.B.) purchased an area of land near to the Club and presented it free of cost to the Town Council on condition that the latter laid down a bowling green on the site and allowed Club members to have the use of the green on two days a week. Thus, later on Vines Park Bowling Club came into being.

When, for financial reasons, the Town Council delayed laying down the new green after the War, Mr H.B. Everton gave a substantial sum towards the cost to bring to fruition his father’s wishes. Due to the construction of the new Inner Ring Road, the Club had to vacate the old bowling green site purchased by Alderman Everton and move to a spot 100 yards away, where the present green is situated, and the new green was officially opened on September 3rd 1977 by David Bryant O.B.E (now C.B.E) when he brought a team of International All Stars to play the Club side.  

It was undoubtedly because of the terms of the Agreement between Alderman Everton and the Town Council which enabled Vines Park, through H.B. Everton and H.S. Fox, to negotiate for the laying down of the new green and the provisions of a pavilion, all without cost to the Club.  

The Clubs successes at International, National and County level are too numerous to mention here in the space available. Details can be found on this website in the Honours Pages.

 

Updated 2017