MALVERN VICTORIA BOWLING CLUB
(Founded 1908) - Tel: 01684 565503
Green: Victoria Park, Malvern Link.
Location of Bowls Club: Find Me
Website: Website Link
   
When a photograph of the Club becomes available it will be inserted here
   
Approved Coloured Shirt: White Polo shirt with blue panels on sides and sleeves,
yellow collar, club badge.
Club smoking policy: Non smoking in Clubhouse
Email Contact: emkingemail@yahoo.co.uk
President: Steve Boughton Tel: 01886 884210
Captain: Phillip Wiggins Tel: 01684 563685
Ladies Captain: Kit Aldridge Tel: 01684 567334
Mens Singles Champion: David Hemsley Tel: 01684 892726
Ladies Singles Champion: Kit Aldridge Tel: 01684 567334
Club Secretary:

Brian Costigan
4 Fernhill Grove
Malvern
Worcs. WR14 2BS

Tel: 01684 897717
Email: costiganbruno@btinternet.com
Ladies Secretary: Sue Walby Tel: 01684 830076
 Fixture Secretary: Eddie King
50 Summerfield Road
Malvern.  WR14 1EA
Tel: 01684 563775
Email: emkingemail@yahoo.co.uk
       
Exec.Council Members Brian Costigan costiganbruno@btinternet.com
  Kit Aldridge kitaldridge@gmail.com
       
The Clubs History:      
       

The Club was formed in 1908. The Rt Hon Earl Beauchamp was the owner of the land, now Victoria Park Malvern Link. He constructed a bowling green on the land where the tennis courts are today, which was for use by the “Gentlemen of the Link”.  

In 1946 Earl Beauchamp gave the playing fields to Malvern Urban District Council, to be kept as a playing field.   After two years Malvern Urban District Council wanted to dispose of the bowling green to make way for tennis courts, the Gentlemen however insisted that a new bowling green be constructed where it is today before relinquishing the existing green, this was agreed.

Three of the Club members, H.P. Benbridge, H.W. Thomas and N.A Jones attended the first AGM of the Worcestershire Bowling Association on Tuesday 14th January 1930.

The 1968 Diamond Jubilee year yielded, President E. Chapman, Vice-President A.E Thomas, Captain W.J. Virgo, Vice-Captain A. Herridge, Honorary Treasurer E. Berrow and Secretary W.D. Haggar. In those days 29 matches were played whereas today 45 matches are played.

In 1970 Ladies were invited to join the Club with an annual fee of £1-00, the men’s fee being £5-00. The Club has provided three Presidents of the County Association: Frank Wainwright 1977: Victor Blackshaw 1987 and Gordon Hall 1995.

The Club has always been a strong supporter of the County Association and take a full part in the administration of the County. The Club always take part in County Competitions and have had several representatives at the National Championships.

 

Updated 2017