|MALVERN VICTORIA BOWLING CLUB|
|(Founded 1908) - Tel: 01684 565503|
|Green:||Victoria Park, Malvern Link.|
|Location of Bowls Club:||Find Me|
|When a photograph of the Club becomes available it will be inserted here|
|Approved Coloured Shirt:||White Polo shirt with blue panels on sides and sleeves,
yellow collar, club badge.
|Club smoking policy:||Non smoking in Clubhouse|
|President:||Steve Boughton||Tel:||01886 884210|
|Captain:||Phillip Wiggins||Tel:||01684 563685|
|Ladies Captain:||Kit Aldridge||Tel:||01684 567334|
|Mens Singles Champion:||Steve Aldridge||Tel:||01684 567334|
|Ladies Singles Champion:||Kit Aldridge||Tel:||01684 567334|
|Ladies Secretary:||Sue Walby||Tel:||01684 830076|
|Fixture Secretary:||Les Rawle
65 Oakfield Road
Malvern. WR14 1DS
|Exec.Council Members||Brian Costiganfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|The Clubs History:|
The Club was formed in 1908. The Rt Hon Earl Beauchamp was the owner of the land, now Victoria Park Malvern Link. He constructed a bowling green on the land where the tennis courts are today, which was for use by the “Gentlemen of the Link”.
In 1946 Earl Beauchamp gave the playing fields to Malvern Urban District Council, to be kept as a playing field. After two years Malvern Urban District Council wanted to dispose of the bowling green to make way for tennis courts, the Gentlemen however insisted that a new bowling green be constructed where it is today before relinquishing the existing green, this was agreed.
Three of the Club members, H.P. Benbridge, H.W. Thomas and N.A Jones attended the first AGM of the Worcestershire Bowling Association on Tuesday 14th January 1930.
The 1968 Diamond Jubilee year yielded, President E. Chapman, Vice-President A.E Thomas, Captain W.J. Virgo, Vice-Captain A. Herridge, Honorary Treasurer E. Berrow and Secretary W.D. Haggar. In those days 29 matches were played whereas today 45 matches are played.
In 1970 Ladies were invited to join the Club with an annual fee of £1-00, the men’s fee being £5-00. The Club has provided three Presidents of the County Association: Frank Wainwright 1977: Victor Blackshaw 1987 and Gordon Hall 1995.
The Club has always been a strong supporter of the County Association and take a full part in the administration of the County. The Club always take part in County Competitions and have had several representatives at the National Championships.
Updated 12th February 2018