(Founded 1911) - Tel: 01905 358696
Green: St Dunstans Crescenet, Worcester. WR52AF
Location of Bowls Club: Find Me

St Dunstans Bowling Club
Approved Coloured Shirt: White with red sleeves and red side stripes, with green collar and piping
Club smoking policy:

No Smoking on the Green, smoking area provided

Email Contact:

[email protected] 

President: Ray Owen Tel:

01905 354229

Captain: Alan Clarke Tel: 07788 926452
Email Contact:

[email protected]



Ladies Captain:      
Mens Singles Champion 2019 Tony Yapp Tel: 07753 191943
Ladies Singles Champion 2019 Sue Cullis Tel: 07909 970007
Mens Singles Champion 2020 Robin Smith Email

[email protected]

Ladies Singles Champion 2020 Aqua Griffiths Email

[email protected]

Club Secretary:
Ladies Rep:

Margaret Price

6 Aston Close
Worcs. WR5 3JR
Tel: 01905 821533

[email protected]

Fixture Secretary:

Terry Palmer

6 Farne Avenue
St Peters
Tel:  01905 767818

[email protected]

Exec.Council Members Margaret Price [email protected]
  Peter Price

[email protected]

The Clubs History:      

The Club was formally established in 1911 and is now privately owned. A Mr Hinchcliffe agreed to lease has land to bowlers at a cost of £8 per annum.   Mr Horace Woods of St John’s was hired to level the ground and lay a crown green, paths and borders for £72-10-0. Mr Kimber was hired to erect a pavilion for £102-10-0 and members commenced play on 1st June 1911.  The following seasons opened the first week in April, ladies were allowed to play two afternoons a week.

In 1916 Mrs Harrington sold her plot, including ground let as allotments for £400-00.

During 1922 the Club approached Dr Crowe to buy his portion of land, he declined, but agreed in 1926, for the sum of £275-00.  

In 1932, Mr W. Jones offered the Club a mortgage of £350-00, enabling them to discharge the bank overdraft.   Another mortgage was undertaken in 1937, to repay Mr Jones and make further improvements. During the fifties the Committee sold ground to finance a flat green and redeem the mortgage, again in 1963 the tennis courts were sold, financing a car park and replacement pavilion.

In the nineties, ladies were finally allowed in, total mixed membership now stands at about one hundred. Late member John Williams, the Club Secretary for thirty years was made an Honorary Life Member of the County Association.  

Three Club members R. Bufton, R. Limerick and A. Sharples were runner-up in the Triples Championship.


Updates 1st March 2021