MANOR PARK MALVERN BOWLING CLUB
(Founded 1918) - Tel: 01684 574010
Green: Albert Park Road North. Malvern. WR14 2TL
Location of Bowls Club: Find Me
Website: Website Link
   
manor park
   
Approved Coloured Shirt:

White Shirt, Red Collar, Red & Blue Button Front, Red Piping on End of

Sleeves. Blue Stripe with Red Piping Down the Sides, Club Badge on

Pocket

Club smoking policy: Non smoking in Clubhouse or on the Green
Email Contact:

[email protected]

President: Roger Orgill Tel: 01684 310631
Email:

[email protected]

Club Captain:

Email:

 

Julie Morgan

[email protected]

 

Tel:

01684 566593

07715 407750

Club Vice Captain

Alan Thompson

[email protected]

Tel:

Mob:

01905 422912

07715 678393

Ladies Captain:

Liz Mills Tel: 01684 300049

Email:

[email protected]

Mob 07857 870330
Mens Singles Champion:   Tel:  
Ladies Singles Champion: Julie Morgan Tel: 01684 566593

[email protected]

Mob: 07715 407750
Club Secretary:

Paul Buxton

4 Rookery Rd, Kemsey, WR5 3JP

Tel:

Mob:

01905 820025

07895 094100

Email:

[email protected]

Ladies Secretary: Julie Morgan Tel: 01684 566593
Email: [email protected]
 Fixture Secretary:

Alan Thompson

The Firs, Upper Wick Lane,, Rushwick

WR2 5SN

Tel:

Mob:

01905 422912

07715 677393

Email:

a[email protected]

     
Exec.Council Members  

 

   

 

       
The Clubs History:      
       

The Manor Park Club had a bowling green mentioned in its archives dated 1907, but quite evidently of minimum dimensions, for the Archers, who were a strong force, objected strongly when they lost part of their shooting area for the green to be extended to its present size in 1912.

Two years later there were two clubs bowling out of Manor Park, one having to use the green jointly with the Croquet Club that was thriving. World War 1 had a dramatic effect on all the sports played at the club, but the Committee insisted that the wounded soldiers recuperating nearby, be allowed to sit and watch games being played.

In 1921 Lady Foley, the wealthy landowner of the district, made a gift of the 10 acre site into the hands of a Trust made up from prominent business men – and this situation will remain forever.

The Bowls Club had a mottled career in its membership and in the late twenties had to share its green with the Croquet Club that began to flourish again.

World War II naturally created a set back, although soon after, it seems a clubhouse came into being with one changing room 10 feet square. This remained the position, with minor improvements, until the members, under the direction of Fred Orme, raised it to the ground, replacing it with a second hand school building with quite modern conveniences.

Over the years many members achieved successes, but none more than Alec Jackson who won the All England Indoor Singles and became an International player. Bill Green was prominent in County Competitions and National Competitions and was also involved for many years in County matters serving on the GPC for many years, whilst Ian Reid was President of the County in 1988.

 

Updated 28th February 2021