BARBOURNE BOWLING GREEN CLUB Ltd
(Founded 1897) - Tel: 01905 611081
  Green: Redcliffe Street. off Park Avenue. Worcester. WR3 7AR
  Location of Bowls Club: Find Me
  Website: Website Link
     
barbourne bowling club
     
  Approved Coloured Shirt: White Shirt, blue panels on sides, sleeves and shoulders,
trimmed in yellow.
  Club smoking policy: No smoking on Green or in Pavilion
  Email Contact:

 

[email protected] 
  President: Martin Hill Tel: 01905 622200
  Email Contact:

[email protected]

Mob: 07935 374046
  Club Captain: Gordon Davison Tel: 01905 451998
  Email Contact:

g[email protected]

   
  Club Vice Captain: Brian Evans Tel: 01905 429357
  Email Contact:

[email protected]

   
  Mens's Captain:

 

Gordan Davison

 

 Tel: 01905 451998
  Email Contact: g[email protected]    
  Ladies Captain: Sue Dancocks Tel: 01905 776274
  Email Contact:

[email protected]

   
  Ladies Vice  Captain: Dawn Roberts Tel: 01905 455603
  Email Contact:

d[email protected]

   
  Mens Singles Champion: Gareth Roberts Tel: 01905 676073
  Email Contact:

[email protected]

   
  Ladies Singles Champion:  Margaret Hampton Tel:  01905 937476
  Email Contact:

[email protected]

   
  Club Secretary:

John Chadaway

15 Wadley Drive
Worcester
WR3 7YB
Tel: 07905 754656
  Email Contact:

[email protected]

   
  Fixture Secretary:

Dawn Roberts


70 Goldsmith Road
Blackpole
Worcester
WR4 9JP
Tel: 01905 455603
  Email: [email protected]
  Exec.Council Members Frank Giannasi [email protected]
    John Chadaway [email protected] 
         
  The Clubs History:      
         

Barbourne Bowling Green Club was formed in 1897, originally using a rented green thought to have been at the Northwick Arms Public House in Worcester.

The Club moved to their present premises in Redcliffe Street in 1898 and became a Limited Company at that time.

Crown Green bowls was the discipline until 1936 when the green was converted to Flat and the Club became affiliated to the Association.

Ladies were admitted as Associate members in December 1938 and finally became Full members in 1998.

During the 1950’s much work was done at the Club including improving the green and player’s facilities.

Further work was carried out from 1974-1983, and improvements continue as necessary.

The Club is very active in competitions, entering teams in the Interberga, Redditch Triples and Five Rink Leagues. Individual members also take part in County & National Competitions.

The Club is very active in the closed season and many social events are organised to keep members together.

 

Updated March 1st 2021

D